Join us here during the month of October as we explore ways to make the connection–from farm to school–for our young people. Plant the Seed has taken the pledge, and we have some great farm to school learning activities planned for our student gardeners this month:
- fall gardening tasks and associated curricular connections for 2nd-6th graders at our partner school, Nashville International Academy (NIA)
- local foods taste tests in the classroom for 2nd-6th graders
- smart snack recipes using food grown in one of Plant the Seed’s school gardens
- info booth and hands-on garden-based activity for Food Day 2012
- 100 Chefs to 100 Schools participant with our partner school, NIA
- and so much more… stay posted!
Leave a Reply