- the act of sowing, preparing and sharing food is a powerful tool for connecting children to their food, land, learning and one another.
- education should be hands-on, relevant, purposeful and rooted in the value of children’s knowledge and experiences across all backgrounds and cultures.
- by nurturing children’s wonder and awe of the natural world into respectful stewardship, we cultivate a better future for our planet.
- access to fresh, affordable and culturally-relevant food is integral to a child’s growth and development.
- young people are capable of effecting meaningful change in the world.